- Peel your onions and cut them into slices, but not too thin.
- In a tajine dish, brown the onion with all the spices, ground with the Isen mill, stirring regularly in the olive oil until it becomes translucent (at the same time it helps to develop the aromas of spices).
- While cooking, peel the carrots, remove any hard parts from the figs and cut the lemons into pieces.
- Once the onion is cooked, turn the oven to 150 ° C.
- Add the carrots, then the lemons, then the figs. Drizzle with water and cook with the lid of the tagine dish in the oven for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Once in the oven, put the almonds and raisins to soak in water.
- After 1h10 of cooking, add the almonds, raisins, and chickpeas and extend for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, eat traditionally with bread for a sauce or as it is, because tagine is not to be confused with couscous, which is eaten with wheat semolina.
Note: if you don’t have a tagine dish, feel free to use a pot or wok.