Which sort of pepper should I use?
To get the best results, we recommend you to use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 6 mm (1/4″) or less in diameter.
Black, white and dry green peppercorns can be ground in Peugeot pepper mills. The pink berries can be ground only if in a blend (max 15% pink) with one of these other peppercorns.
We recommend you to use our range of peppers :
- Vietnam pepper: This pepper has a hot and spicy flavor. It develops notes of musk and smoke as well as a very sweet acidity.
- Timut pepper: It grows in the wild in the south of Nepal. It will bring a zingy and incredibly fresh taste to your dishes.
Dried coriander seeds is also suitable for the pepper mechanism.
Which salt should I use?
To get the best out of your Peugeot salt grinding steel mechanism, you should use: dry rock salts (white, pink or blue).
Only use your mill for these dry salts. DO NOT USE WET SEA SALT, EVEN DRIED.
Do not use your Peugeot salt mill for grinding:
• pepper or any other spice.
• damp sea salt, also known as grey salt, (Guérande, Ré, etc.). That is because its moisture content is so high that it will corrode the mill.
Use a specific Peugeot mechanism for damp salt. Its shape and materials have been designed to resist salt corrosion.
- We recommend you to use our range of salts:
- Himalayan salt: Protected for thousands of years for impurity, the pink salt of the Himalayas offers an unrivalled wealth nutrients, including magnesium, calcium and potassium. The inimitable rosy tint comes from its high iron content.
- Persian blue salt: Persian blue salt is a fossil salt harvested from sites in Iran. Its rich potassium content gives the salt its inimitable bluish colour.
How to grind wet sea salt?
For wet sea salt, a specially designed mill has been created because the natural consistency and moisture content do not allow the use of an ordinary salt mill. An innovative patented system enables a high-performance grind without blockage even with very humid or compressed salt. This specific mechanism is composed of 3 stops ensuring both mechanism resistance and constant output, and an anti-clogging spiral which shuffles the salt in the reservoir.