This scrumptious vegetarian beet burger with quinoa and feta cheese is simply the best. It comes with a spicy avocado dip and a wonderful homemade brioche bun.
Mardi Gras Pink Burger Buns
Yield: 4 buns
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Leavening time: 2 hours
- 250g of wheat flour (between t45 and t80)
- 12g fresh baker’s yeast (or half dry baker’s yeast)
- 15cl beet juice *
- 4g of salt
- 20g olive or coconut oil
- a few sesame seeds
* beet juice: make your own juice from 250g of cooked red beets, preferably organic, processed through a juicer. You can also find already made juice in the refrigerated section of your local organic food store.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together in the following order: salt, flour, crumbled yeast, oil and beetroot juice.
- Knead gently, by hand or in a food processor, until the dough is smooth on the outside and no longer sticky.
- Shape the dough into a ball and cover with a tea towel or cling wrap. Set aside for 90 minutes in a warm place, away from open air.
- Once this first leavening is over, degas the dough and divide into 4 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a small bun and place on a baking sheet or mat. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180° degrees Celcius (360° Fahrenheit). Brush the buns lightly with some water and sprinkle a few sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let the buns cool on a rack for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Meat lovers and vegetarians, these buns pair wonderfully with meat and veggie cakes. Bon appétit!