Sumptuous chocolate coffee pie made with a generous glossy ganache and a mile high Italian meringue. The perfect dessert for great occasions.
Coffee Lacquered Tofu and Celery Root Purée
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- Marinating: 6 hours
- Cooking: 20 minutes for the vegetables and 10 minutes for the lacquered tofu
- Servings : 2
- 100 ml of strong coffee
- the zest and juice of an orange
- 20 g agave syrup
- 25 g brown sugar
- 25 g soy sauce
- 125 g plain tofu
- 400 g celery root (also called celariac)
- 250 g potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 60 g heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small dish or box, mix the coffee made with freshly ground beans (for this recipe, we used the Kronos coffee mill), orange juice, agave syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce. The tofu should be covered in the marinade so be sure to take a small container.
- Gently carve the surface of the tofu using the tip of a knife, so that the aromas penetrate well. Let it sit for at least 3 hours, at best overnight.
- Peel the celery root (the weight indicated is the weight of celery after peeling) and the potatoes. If you find the celery too strong, you can increase the amount of potatoes. Cut into pieces and steam for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Pass through a potato masher and add cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the marinated tofu along wtih a few tablespoons of the marinade.
- In the meantime, reduce the rest of the marinade in a saucepan.
- As it cooks, flip the tofu several times and drizzle with the marinade, until it is shiny and colored. Serve with the reduced marinade.
- Just before serving, finely grind a few coffee beans (be careful not to add too much to the risk of a certain bitterness!). Place the ground coffee on top of the tofu to enhance the aroma of the coffee.