Little pumpkins perfect for stuffing with nutritious whole foods, the Jack Be Little can be declined in a thousand ways. Here is an idea on how to prepare it in a delicious vegetarian and autumnal version.
Savory French Toast Recipe with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- For 3 people
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 120g of brown Paris mushrooms
- 35g of dried mushrooms of your choice such as morels
- 1 shallot
- 4cl of white wine like Savagnin
- 1 miso-type bouillon cube (or beef)
- 40cl of liquid cream
- fresh parsley
- sliced country bread
- olive oil
- Timut pepper
- Wash the fresh mushrooms and then rehydrate the dried mushrooms in a bowl of cold water. Mince the shallot and cut the fresh mushrooms into small pieces.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Brown the shallot and the fresh and dried mushrooms for a good ten minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine. Let the alcohol to evaporate completely for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the broth and liquid cream. Lower the heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast thin slices of bread with a little olive oil in the oven or in a pan.
- At the end of cooking season and arrange in deep plates. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley then serve with the toast.