Sumptuous chocolate coffee pie made with a generous glossy ganache and a mile high Italian meringue. The perfect dessert for great occasions.
Apple pie without refined sugar or butter
Makes one pie (in an Appolia tart dish, diameter 30cm 60374):
Prep: 40 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
Cooling: 2 hours
For the pie shell:
- 300g wheat flour (t45 to t80)
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60g coconut oil (or hazelnut)
- 80g agave syrup (or honey)
- 40g cream (vegetable or not)
For the filling:
- 11 apples
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- freshly grounded cinnamon
- 250g applesauce
- 1 egg yolk
- First, prepare the shell: place all the ingredients in a bowl then mix until the dough comes off the edges. Knead a few seconds to obtain a uniform dough. Add more flour if necessary.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it into a thick circle, about 30cm wide. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the apples into small cubes. Heat a large skillet over medium heat then brown the apples for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring regularly. When the apples are almost cooked, add the agave syrup and cinnamon. Remove from heat once the syrup has evaporated. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° (356 ° F). Take the dough out of the refrigerator, discard the parchment paper and transfer the dough to the ceramic dish. Trim the edges to the size of the tart dish and set the leftover dough aside. Prick the bottom with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut the leftover dough into strips. Optional: If you have a roller to make « braiding », you can make a new dough by dividing the quantities of the pie shell into 2.
- Remove the precooked shell from the oven.
- Mix together applesauce and cooked apples then transfer to precooked shell. Place the strips of dough over the filling. Beat one egg yolk and brush over the crust.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack (minimum 2 hours) before serving.
Storage: can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 or 6 days.
Tip: Placing a dough in the fridge for a few minutes allows it to work more easily (to make strips, patterns, etc.)